Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Dead Tablet and The Concept Art Assignment

Hey there dears!

It is official, my tablet is now dead and won't let me draw on it anymore. It has failed me.
Unfortunatly this means that the requests that I have taken on, are either going to have to be on hold or drawn traditionally in a miraculous way. I will try to draw them traditionally and see if I can actually get them done that way. I might have to get some new materials in order to create the effects I have imagined. I'll see if I can get anything sketched and shown to you guys soon :)


The new tablet I'm getting will be within my grasp after summer break when I'm finished working. So for better or for worse it is possible that the requests have to wait till then.


I'm saving up to get the wonderful Cintiq 12WX since I've had to live with my big old tablet for 3-3½ years now.




My current non-working tablet.
The awesome Trust A4 Widescreen tablet. This baby has worked wonders for me and I'm very happy with my 3-3½ years of digital drawing. I've used it well and I haven't had any problems with it. I truly recommend this particular tablet for first time buyers! It's cheap and big, drawing programs don't come with it but you get a photo editing program at least.


This is the wonderful Cintiq 12WX which I will be working my ass of to get a hold of this summer. I was thinking of getting the 21UX first but since I'm not professional I will not need it for a good long while.








Looks like I'm going traditional for a while guys! I actually like the idea of doing more traditional drawing since using a tablet and drawing in programs like photoshop allows you to make changes that you normally can't do in real life.


School work!
At the moment we are doing concept art in class. An assignment that I personally love with all my heart.

We are supposed to create an intelligent creature and give it a civilization and then create a environment where it will live and flourish. We also have to write about their politics and customs like for example religion and diet. Everything you could possibly think about regarding a completely new species. I'm going to take some pictures of the design I have so far and publish it here. Since it's not finished material I don't think it's worth publishing on Deviantart or any other art site. So I'm gonna dump it here!

For the time being I'm going to document the progress of this concept assignment. Since it will have to be traditionally done I will definitely have some progress pictures to publish. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner so you guys will have to live with my crappy camera and photoshop edits.

Thats all,
Much love,
MalinSama 

No comments:

Post a Comment